Usage of IsoMetrics
For commercial usage of the IsoMetrics Questionnaire we offer a license agreement for an unlimited time (250 Euro). After conclusion of the agreement you will get the german or english language questionnaire incl. manual (pdf files including questionnaire short version, supporting a summative evaluation approach, a long version supporting formative evaluation).
For scientific use we draw up special agreements: The aggreement implies free application of the questionnaire and manual confined only to your research. If possible a data agreement for further validation of IsoMetrics is made. To obtain IsoMetrics under this condition a descripition of your project and a notice that you will use IsoMetrics only for your research is required.
User of IsoMetrics
- The Institute for Communication and Collaborative Systems, Division of Informatics, University Edinburgh uses IsoMetrics for teaching purposes (since 2001). Contact: Mr. Rob Procter.
- Fachhochschule Furtwangen, Fachbereich "Product Engineering", Intranet Usability (diploma thesis, Ch. Huber). Contact: Mr. Christian Huber.
- Universitätsklinikum Giessen, Application of IsoMetrics in a research project dealing with job characteristics an its consequences on employees (since 2001). Contact: Mrs. Birgit Gottwald.
- Institut für Arbeitswissenschaft RWTH Aachen. Application of IsoMetrics in a research project ("Anwendergerechte Gestaltung von Benutzungsschnittstellen" (Teilprojekt 3) since 2001. Contact: Mrs. J. Witte
- Mobi-doc. IsoMetrics is applied to evaluate interfaces of handheld computer in medical use (2001). Contact: Mr. H.-B. Bludau.
- Colonia: The Colonia Bausparkasse uses IsoMetrics to improve the software quality of their in-house software products (1997). Contact: Mr. Hoffmeister.
- Ergonomic Institut: The Ergonomic Institut (Berlin; Dr. A. Cakir) uses IsoMetrics in practice since 1996. Information is gathered by Mr. Cakir.
- RECALL: The EC sponsored project has used IsoMetrics to evaluate the usability of a CALL system called CASTLE. Some of the results of this study are available in a paper by Gediga & Hamborg: Heuristische Evaluation und IsoMetrics: Ein Vergleich.
- REKSoft Ltd; Sankt Petersburg; Russia has been using the Russian adaptation of IsoMetrics since January 1997. Contact: Vitali Rudowitsch, REKSoft.
- University of Ulster: Since 1996 several software usability experiments were performed using IsoMetrics at the School of Information and Software Engineering, Newtonabbey. Contact: Prof. Ivo Düntsch.
- SAP: The software developing company SAP (Walldorf) has been a beta user of IsoMetrics (since 1995). The ergonomic department of the company uses IsoMetrics to evaluate the usability of the R/3 system. Quite a few (internal) studies have been done using the current version of IsoMetrics.
Editor: Günther Gediga, Kai-Christoph Hamborg